Problem importing from Unix to Windows

From: jukia <jukia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2004 16:04:02 -0700

I am trying to import a dmp file from Unix to Windows. The file is sized 1.6 gb. I have installed Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on Windows 2000. The Oracle Home directory is d:\oracle\ora81.

I would like to:
- view the contents of the dmp file so I can see the table names /
schema
- import the dmp file into my Oracle db on my Windows 2000 server.
I have tried both the OEM Import Wizard and the command line IMP utility but both are failing.

When attempting to read the .dmp file using the Import Wizard in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) I get an error: "couldn't open "c:/winnt/temp/2824144632.log": no such file or directory". This error also appears when I try to do an export.

I found a post which suggested creating a file called 'null.tcl' in the \network\agent\tcl directory, but I think this fix was for an earlier version of Oracle as this file already existed in my ORACLE_HOME directory.

Additionally, if I try to import the file using the IMP command line utility, I get an error saying 'abnormal end of export file'. I have increased the buffer size & I'm verifying now that the file was FTP'd in binary mode. The import rows option is turned off.

I hope someone can provide some pointers/tips to help me.

Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 18:04:02 CDT