Backup to disk: file location.

From: Andrew Metcalfe <chicagoandy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2004 13:17:52 -0700

I'm having a disk space crunch, and my backups are failing.

I'm a bit confused, because all my datafiles add up to 8 gigs, and I've got 9 gigs free on that disk... Yet they're failing with an error saying insuficient disk space.

Anyways, I figured an easy solution was to have the backups land on a different disk, which has oodles of free space.

I can't figure out how to do this.

I've created the backup jobs using OEM on Oracle 8.1.5. I used the Backup Wizard. Under the Configuration screen, I hit 'Load Wizard'. Under the Channels tab, the Default Channel is selected, which points to the disk mentioned above. The "Insert and Remove" buttons are greyed out.

I presume that in order to change the location where my backups land, I need to add a new channel, but I can't do that because the buttons are greyed out. In fact, all the settings under the "Edit Backup Configuration" screens are greyed out.

Why is everything greyed out?

Thanks,

_Am Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 15:17:52 CDT