Re: Migrating 9 to 10g, Win2K to Linux

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:37:29 +0200

ErnieD3 wrote:

> Our IT department intends to migrate our Apps Server to Linux Red Hat
> Enterprise Version 3 from Windows 2003 and the Oracle version from
> 9.03 to 10g at the same time. Can anyone tell me what may be involved
> in migrating our Forms and Reports from 9.03 to 10g and from Windows
> to Linux. This change in OS is in test, so not impacting our existing
> system, but I have not been able to find any info on the subject.
>
> Thanks

My 2c: migrating two things in one go is begging for trouble. Take it one at the time, let it simmer for some time -say three months- and only when confident the first migration was a success, take the second step.

Apart from that, I would try the 903->10g step first, and then the OS step, as I expect more difficulties with that (no experience in this version, but 4.5->5->6) The OS change is fairly simple: install, recompile your .fmb, done

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel