Re: Compressing emptied User-Datafiles

From: Bib Endum <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:44:23 -0400

"Clemens Keil" <clemens.keil_at_meduni-graz.at> a écrit dans le message de news:c619j5$269$1_at_skirner.kfunigraz.ac.at...

> Is there a way to let the system know that there is much free space in the
> datafiles? A kind of compressing feature as eg. in MS-Access?
> Thank you for your help.

You could export your tables, drop and pre-recreate them (Use a locally managed tablespace) and reimport them. You would have some downtime. I figure you might also truncate the tables (Using drop storage clause)

You could also try to move the tables to another tablespace (ALTER TABLE MOVE ...) or in the same tablespace, I know it does not work with tables containing LONGS, maybe it works with tables containing LOBS, I'm away from my server right now.

---