Re: How do you tell if a user account is in the grace period ?

From: Richard Elliott <richard.a.elliott_at_williams.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2004 08:18:21 -0700

devnull_at_ronr.nl (Ronald Rood) wrote in message news:<67ce88e7.0404160325.2acb6c1a_at_posting.google.com>...
> richard.a.elliott_at_williams.com (Richard Elliott) wrote in message news:<8c132b3c.0404151232.3017925d_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Need to be able to tell from a Power Builder client if the user is
> > still in the grace period when the account has expired ?
> >
> > Don't see any flag in any of the user tables ?
>
> I hope this helps:<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=powerbuilder+ora+28002&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=fgcoi0d98q3hadnh225jnumacf4hk1vll5%404ax.com&rnum=1>
>
> Ronald.
> http://ronr.nl/unix-dba

The Grace Period is not some number of days before the password is going to expire. It is some number of days you have to change your password, after it has already expired, and you are logging in for ther first time since it has expired, which may be a year later. Where not on the right track here guys.

I suspect that's because it's just not supported as it's intended to be used, expcept in Oracle apps. Received on Mon Apr 19 2004 - 10:18:21 CDT