What's up with tahiti.com - anyone else have problems?

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:00:15 -0500

Anyone else having problems with tahiti.oracle.com? I normally hit it several times a day to look up an error msg or check a manual. On Friday it asked me to log in (something it seems to do sporadically) but wouldn't accept my userid and password. Even after requesting a confirmation of my password, I copied and pasted the information from the confirming e-mail, but still rejected.

What's even more strange is that after following some links to find a place to report the problem, I found myself at http://www.oracle.com/corporate/contact/index.html, and that page had a 'Welcome' with my e-mail address and a 'logout' link. It obviously thought I was already logged in. When I followed links from there to the OTN forums, (http://forums.oracle.com/forums/index.jsp?cat=48) the Welcome said I was 'guest' and had a 'Login' link.

I was able to read the OTN forums as a guest, there were several others reporting the same problem. Received on Mon Apr 19 2004 - 10:00:15 CDT