Re: Suggestions please

From: Noel <tomekb_at_softman.pl>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:44:12 +0200

> The two servers cannot share storage of any kind, so my original idea of
> creating new tablespaces within the same database but on the new box's
> storage and then moving tables/indexes across to the new tablespaces is
> not a go-er (unless maybe an NFS mount would do the trick...??). For
> the same reason, my other idea of using dbms_redefinition to move the
> data across and incurring minimal table locking is not a flyer.

How about a full backup of server-one, and restore it on server-two ?? Non oracle-backup only filestystem backup. Its like a 'copy' of server-one on server-two. A full restore of 20 GB database took 2 hours...

> Anyone got any timings on a 20GB export and import?

It depends, i have expierience with export/import 5 GB database. It took about 4 hours on my stand-alone PC Athlon 1,7, while export took about 1,5 hour.

--
TomekB