Re: ora 9204 on redhat fc1

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:41:32 +1000

Follow the step-by-step instructions at www.dizwell.com

There are major issues with 9i and any "non-certified" linux distributions, but Fedora is particularly messy. You'll need patches from Metalink before you even start, and you'll have to rejig some symbolic links to get the right versions of the gcc libraries in use.

It's all laid out for you at dizwell, anyway.

(Just in case you were going to ask, no I don't make the Metalink patches available for download from dizwell.com, as to do so would breach all sorts of copyright and licensing issues. If you don't have access to Metalink, then the install of 9i onto Fedora isn't going to work).

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Apr 18 2004 - 20:41:32 CDT