Re: Transaction size limitation for serializable isolation level?

From: Joe Weinstein <joeNOSPAM_at_bea.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:19:11 -0700

Hi.
Oracle does require some extra memory for serializable transactions, and this comes from the configurable per-table memory you can adjust. If the DBMS runs out of this memory during a transaction, you will get the 8077 error, even if you're the only user logged in. The Oracle documentation would be better if it was explicit about that.

     You should also read deeply into what Oracle calls serializable and how it implements it. Please post what you want to achieve by setting the serializable isolation level. It may be that you aren't getting what you expect, and we can post alternatives that will be more reliable and understandable. Joe Weinstein at BEA