Resolving dependencies for TSPITR

From: Vitalis <vitalisREMOVETHAT_at_numericable.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:50:48 +0200

Hi all!

Imagine I have a tablespace TBS1 in which there is a table TABLE1 which serves as a master table for a materialized view MVIEW1 in tablespace TBS2.
There is no other objects in these tablespaces. I want to perform TSPITR with RMAN on TBS1 on one hand (case A), and on TBS2 on the other hand (case B).

The query that the RMAN documentation suggest to run before attempting TSPITR (a SELECT from SYS.TS_PITR_CHECK) of course returns rows in both cases because of the materialized view (case B) and the master table (case A). The doc says that we have to remove or suspend the relationships returned by the TS_PITR_CHECK query (I don't want to perform TSPITR on both of the tablespaces).

So if I drop the offending materialized view, it seems that TSPITR can be performed, since the TS_PITR_CHECK does not return any rows now. But when I tried, both case A & B did not work; the TSPITR failed during the "export" phase:

About to export Tablespace Point-in-time Recovery objects...

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 29308 encountered
ORA-29308: view TS_PITR_CHECK failure
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_PITR", line 810
ORA-06512: at line 1
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
host command complete
RMAN-03002: failure of recover command at 04/18/2004 20:19:09
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script RMAN-06135: error executing host command: Additional information: 256

Any idea?

And why do we have to remove the offending dependencies in the primary database? I think during RMAN TSPITR, the SYSTEM tablespace of the auxiliary database is created from a backup of the primary DB. Is it then recovered completely?

Thanks for who knows the answers... Received on Sun Apr 18 2004 - 13:50:48 CDT