Re: Converting from WE8MSWIN1252 to WE8ISO8859P1

From: Adam McDonagh <adam_at_ski2000.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:34:55 +0100

Thanks for all your quick replies.

I managed to get my character set back to what it should be.

My problem is basically this...
I have a Win2k Pro server running Oracle 9i from which a database is currently stored. I wish to transfer everything from this server onto a new Linux PC that I have, running 10g.

The charset on Windows database is WE8MSWIN1252, and WE8ISO8859P1 on my Linux box.

I have exported the database from the windows server to import onto my Linux box. This all imports fine, however all the pound signs (£) are replaced with hashes (#).

I have tried changing the Linux box to the MSWIN charset, but this didn't work... What would be the correct procedure for me to be able to keep all the poundsigns in my database? Do I need to change the windows box to the ISO character set and then run an export... But if I do this, will the poundsigns on the windows box still be ok?

Thanks for your patience

Adamski Received on Sat Apr 17 2004 - 14:34:55 CDT