oracle listener using virtual servers

From: Teresa <tpreto7_at_sapo.pt>
Date: 16 Apr 2004 19:27:22 -0700

Hello

I have 3 sun Solaris servers running oracle 8i db's 2 of the servers have a virtual name and 1 does not, also 1 of the db's resides on the array, so we can mount & un mount this database in between the 3 servers. Then when importing all the oracle files from the server which has no virtual name I can't bring up the listener. I have a very hard time configuring it and after about 2 hours I can get the 3 oracle instances working on the virtual server, ( I was able to do this only once) I changed the tnsnames.ora from user 'host.v01 host.p01, then when importing all disks back to server with no virtual name, I had a problem but not as big, after importing back to server with virtual name I can only get 2 instances to be re cognized by the listener. I don't know why, is driving me nuts. Oracle support are not very helpful etc.
Does any one every came across this before, if so how did it fix? Thanks
Teresa Received on Fri Apr 16 2004 - 21:27:22 CDT