Re: How do you tell if a user account is in the grace period ?

From: Richard Elliott <richard.a.elliott_at_williams.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2004 06:49:31 -0700

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<c5o6us$qdp$1_at_news4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Richard Elliott wrote:
>
> > Need to be able to tell from a Power Builder client if the user is
> > still in the grace period when the account has expired ?
> >
> > Don't see any flag in any of the user tables ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the help.
> SQL> desc dba_users
> Name Null? Type
> ----------------------------------------- --------
> ----------------------------
> USERNAME NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
> USER_ID NOT NULL NUMBER
> PASSWORD VARCHAR2(30)
> ACCOUNT_STATUS NOT NULL VARCHAR2(32)
> LOCK_DATE DATE
> EXPIRY_DATE DATE
> DEFAULT_TABLESPACE NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
> TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
> CREATED NOT NULL DATE
> PROFILE NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
> INITIAL_RSRC_CONSUMER_GROUP VARCHAR2(30)
> EXTERNAL_NAME VARCHAR2(4000)
>
> But would help would that be, when the account is expired? The
> server will initiate a "change your password" dialog - can you
> handle that?

I already use the expiry_date to warn when the password is about to expire. But the grace period starts when it has expired, and you are logging in for the first time since it expired. Also it seems only oracle products can deal with the "change your password" stuff, ansi SQL just sees the error and ends since it's the same code regardless of whether you are in the grace period or not. I'm begining to think grace periods are for Oracle Apps only ? Received on Fri Apr 16 2004 - 08:49:31 CDT