Re: Backup trends (2): HOT or COLD

From: Lucyna Witkowska <ypwitkow_at_nospamcyf-kr.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:24:54 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Thank you very much for all answers and especcially Denis for his hints.

I also think that RMAN is a good product in 8.1.7, and may be it is better in next versions. I like its ability to manage archived redo logs backups (backup and when success delete).

So far, I encountered one minor bug - 'delete expired' didn't delete one not existed backup piece with status field='X', but as this record was aged out of the control file by control_file_keep_time, I don't really mind.

DD <denisdo_at_yahoo.com>:

> If something went wrong - you always can "set DBID = xxxxxx" and
> recover your backup from recovered (in it's turn, before all others)
> backup copy of controlfile. And before each backup, do "report schema"
> - it will help you alot in future. And, if you are really desperate -
> there is a pl/sql procedures that can restore your original backup
> file from "backup handle" - so you will be able to apply it even
> without rman (not all the times - but still can do it). However,
> properly organized backup never let such pain to happen.

Where can I find such pl/sql procedures (just in case ;-))? Best greetings,
Lucyna Received on Fri Apr 16 2004 - 08:24:54 CDT