Resize datafile questions

From: <ITAPORT06>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:24:56 GMT

Oracle 8.1.7.4 WINNT NTFS

I have a datafile of 2.4 GB.
I have read articles about max size of a datafile. It is still not clear to me what is safe or not.

I have the idea to create an aditional datafile Data file 1 (Which currently 2.4GB )Bring it back to 2GB Data file 2 (New) 2.GB

Resizing I want to do by export - drop user - import (shall I make use of compress?

The current datafile has increase unlimited. In the new situation I want to make Data file 1 max 2GB and the additional Data file 2 Unlimited (in case of)
Does this make any sense or not or should I forget resizing of the datafile and let it grow till 4 GB
Thanks     Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 14:24:56 CDT