NLS settings

From: dsb <dana_at_iqms.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:19:48 -0700

Hi,

I'm wading my way through all the NLS doumentation for 9i, and although it has improved vastly, it has also become quite huge!

I'm trying to see if our application will store double-byte characters. I'm having trouble getting this to work with an English version of Windows. Do I need a Chinese version of Windows? (the language I'm trying to test?)

I've tried changing the locale in regional settings, but I still get English input using SQL*Plus Worksheet. I tried setting the ACP to 952 in the registry, but then Windows wouldn't boot! My understanding is that the NLS setting on the client MUST match the code page the o/s is actually using.

I'm using 9i, UTF16 characterset for the database.

Thanks in advance,
db Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 13:19:48 CDT