Re: 10g client (10.1.0.2) on w2k ... comments ?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:44:17 +0100

"Ronald Rood" <devnull_at_ronr.nl> wrote in message news:67ce88e7.0404150127.194bd52d_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> it's not my favorite platform to work on but I just installed the 10g
> client on a w2k pc. The installer adusts the path so that 10g/bin is
> first, as it did with previous releases. What's different is the way I
> can choose from which ORACLE_HOME I want to work. The registry
> settings are completely different and the oracle_home_selector no
> longer works. For me it looks like back to the past with this release.
> Ofcourse it's possible to hack the path variable by hand, and I do
> have to because most databases are 8.1.7 and the 10g client does not
> support a connection to that release...
> The oem java client does not seem to be able to connect to the oms and
> also does not seem to be able to use the repository, making it quite
> useless.
>
> Did I mis anything ? or is this just an alpha release that is just for
> the fun ?

I have a little something about this on my page. You need to fire up OUI and adjust the path in the environment tab on the installed products screen. Not a great advance.... If you need to run dbca etc on the same machine you have to resort to manually changing the path anyway.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA