Re: ORA-2042

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:29:23 GMT

Roger wrote:

> Hi
> When I do a query "select ....." from my database several times for instance
> 12000 times I got error 2042 during query nr 150 and 9000 but all other
> times it works fine.
> Whats the problem? The select query contains 15 different fields and every
> query return 5-1500 rows.
> Thanks in advance

oracle_at_edclxs32> oerr ora 2042
02042, 00000, "too many distributed transactions"

// *Cause: the distributed transaction table is full, because too many
//      distributed transactions are active.
// *Action: increase the INIT.ORA "distributed_transactions" or run
fewer
//      transactions.  If you are sure you don't have too many
concurrent
//      distributed transactions, this indicates an internal error and
support
//      should be notified.  Instance shutdown/restart would be a
work-around.

As you can see, you need to increase your initialization parameter.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com