Re: Locally managed tablespace / truncate BUG ?

From: G Dahler <yellow-shark_at_spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:05:58 -0400

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:c5hf4j$r50$1_at_sparta.btinternet.com...

> You could execute:
>
> alter table t1 deallocate unused keep 500k;
>
> That should take it down to just one extent
> in your 1MB uniform LMT.
>
> --
> Regards

It worked like a charm, even in my autoallocate LMT ! After truncating the table and using your sql statement, It even actually CHANGED the initial extent of the table to something smaller, and it also got rid of 20 allocated extents !

The question is: Why doesn't the "truncate" command, with the "drop storage" option does not behave the same....

Another funny thing is that if you use:

alter table t1 deallocate unused keep 512k you end up with a single extent of 576K in user_extents (Weird size for auto allocate LMT, never seen this before) and an initial extent of 576K in user_segments.

And if you use alter table t1 deallocate unused keep 1M, you end up with 2 extents, one of 1M, the other of 64K, and the initial extent in user_extents becomes 1M+64K, that is 1114112... Received on Wed Apr 14 2004 - 08:05:58 CDT