Create index only if index not exists in PL/SQL procedure

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2004 04:34:40 -0700

Greetings all,

In my procedure I do:

1, Drop index X
2, Create table Y as select...
3, Create index X for table Y

Sometimes the job(2) fails and the index X will not be created. So I want some simple checking in my PL/SQL code when it drops the index at step 1.

Of course I can do a select from user_indexes where index_name = 'bla...' and then do an exists on this.

But I think I have seen a much easier way to do this in just one line. But cant remember.

Any help are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Christian Received on Wed Apr 14 2004 - 06:34:40 CDT