Oracle9i and Red Hat Enterprise AS 3.0 max file size

From: FinnE <finne_at_saic.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2004 12:10:31 -0700

We are trying to install a very large Oracle9i data warehouse on RHE AS 3.0. So far the largest OS file size we can successfully create is 3GB with an Oracle 8K DB_BLOCK_SIZE.

A couple of questions:
1. Does the size of the DB_BLOCK_SIZE have anything to do with the OS file size limit? If so, if I increase the DB_BLOCK_SIZE to 16 or 32K what is the maximum file size that I can create? 2. What is the maximum file size that Red Hat Enterprise AS 3.0 supports?

We have RHE AS 3.0 installed on a 32bit x86 architecture and Oracle9i Enterprise Edition installed on top of it. Erin Received on Tue Apr 13 2004 - 14:10:31 CDT