Re: can Oracle 9i be installed in a non-top level directory

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2004 14:13:45 -0700

Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<3FHdc.20448$1o6.3813_at_newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...

> Where you put your database datafiles is a completely different issue,
> although the OFA standard also addresses that. Once again, a standard
> that allows for different servers and more than one database per server
> is a good idea.

I'd say a standard that claims performance improvements but winds up fighting hardware developments and also doesn't address backups isn't necessarily a good idea.

And don't get me started on the installer and ORACLE_HOME and OFA on Windows.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
All else fails, blame the Blackberry.