Re: Creating datafiles for 500GB database

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:33:43 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1081778058.701988_at_yasure...

> While on this subject ... what is the point of this parameter and
> others like it? Why would any DBA want to specify something that
> would later limit their flexibility? It seems pointless to me.

It "reserves" space on the control file for datafiles up to its limit. It can therefore have a great impact on the total size of the control file. Which may or may not have an impact on other stuff you can do and ultimately how fast the control file can be written/save/restored.

And why on Earth hasn't it been automated yet beats the heck out of me! It's not like it's rocket science to do it...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto