Re: Oracle 9i client 10g database

From: Jay <me_at_heyjay.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:51:14 -0500

"> Well, cutting to the chase, your client-side and server-side
> tnsnames.ora's are not identical, are they?
>
> So, copy the one from the server to the client and see if that helps.
>
> If it doesn't, then we have to first make sure that what your client
> thinks is "abba" is actually "abba". So ping abba from the client and
> check the ip address you get returned, and make sure that's actually the
> ip address of the server.
>
> If that doesn't work, do you have automatic instance registration working?
>
> Get rid of (ie, comment out) the SID_LIST section of your listener.ora,
> and leave only the LISTENER= section. Then use lsnrctl services to make
> sure that the instance is still known to the listener. Then try
> connecting from the client.
>
> If that works, try adding back the SID_LIST section, but without the
> GLOBAL_NAMES bit.

I did as I was told but no dice. copied the tnsnames, commented out SID_LIST, stopped the listener, started the listener, stopped the db, started the db, lsnrctl status shows the db registered itself. But I still can't connect.

Jay Received on Mon Apr 12 2004 - 00:51:14 CDT