Long shot, but here goes

From: D. Alvarado <laredotornado_at_zipmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2004 14:47:04 -0700

I'm running Oracle 8.1.7 for Solaris.

I have this long complicated query that returns 416 rows. When I try and embed the query in a package's stored procedure,

        BEGIN
                DECLARE
                        CURSOR abc IS long_complicated_query;
                BEGIN
                        DELETE FROM SUMMARY_SPROG_UTIL;
                        FOR abc_rec IN abc
                        LOOP

I get the error

BEGIN
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01722: invalid number
ORA-06512: at "SUPPORT.SUMMARY_USAGE_PKG", line 183
ORA-06512: at "SUPPORT.SUMMARY_USAGE_PKG", line 16
ORA-06512: at line 6

referring to this line, "FOR abc_rec IN abc" of all things. Oddly, when I run this same query through the command line, it runs, but when I try and put it in the package's stored procedure, I get this crazy error. Does anyone have any suggetsions as to how I should start debugging this problem?

Thanks, - Dave Received on Sun Apr 11 2004 - 16:47:04 CDT