Re: aunonumber oracle 8.1.7 and designer release 4.9

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:20:50 -0700

Grzesiek wrote:

> I create sequence Options->Use Property Dialogs->
> Sequence Definitions->Create Sequence
>
> choose table aaa, column ID and sequence seq_id Server Derivered on YES
> and generate
> and
>

>>after generate forms with module

> Generating Module 'TEST' (1 of 1)

> (C:\oracle\des6i\CGENF61\ADMIN\ofgwebt.fmb)

> (C:\oracle\des6i\CGENF61\ADMIN\ofgwebol.olb)
>
> Generating new form module and saving to file system (C:\TEMP\TEST.FMB)
>
> Compiling form executable file (C:\oracle\des6i\CGENF61\TEST.fmx) ...
>
> CDG-01195 ERROR: Module TEST: Failed to compile .fmb into .fmx file for form
> module TEST
> Generation of Module 'TEST' Unsuccessful
>
> CDG-03500 WARNING: The Generator could not save adjustments to
> invalid/unspecified properties
> CDG-00052 ADJUSTMENT FAILED: Window TEST.WINDOW: Increase Width property
> because window too small to fit canvases
> CDG-00053 ADJUSTMENT FAILED: Window TEST.WINDOW: Increase Height property
> because window too small to fit canvases

In case I have never stated my opinion of creating Oracle Forms using Designer

<RANT>
I think it writes the worst code most untraceable code imaginable. </RANT>

I would advise you to use Designer for what it is good at and create the sequence in SQL*Plus or in a script run through SQL*Plus.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu