Re: Oracle on Linux hints and tips

From: DJ <nospamplease_at_goaway.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:16:44 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> wrote in message news:akuf70t77rv0om51rfid7iod1qnp36ktji_at_4ax.com...
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:49:01 +0100, "DJ" <nospamplease_at_goaway.com>
> wrote:
>

> >also and what I am gonna do on a unix box with no access to get the netca
> >gui up.
>
> Easy: there are X-emulators out there, so you can run X from any PC.
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Im sitting on the machine console - what am I gonna do now? I dont have an X emulator - no internet acceess - now what?

My point was to say editing a text file by hand being not supportable is silly. If Oracle quoted that at me my temper level might rise (as will the escalation level on my tar) Received on Sat Apr 10 2004 - 13:16:44 CDT