Re: Windows, ODBC, Oracle, Redirect Packet

From: CH <me_at_123.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:28:58 -0400

No ip security enabled. No filtering.... I had a 3rd part of this that got lost elsewhere... I've included it here...

More apologies... the delayed visibility of the posts really limited my ability to string this altogether... More info on my post(s) of the same topic. In the case of the failing client, when the client gets the redirect packet it looks like it responds with a tcp reset. This would appear to imply that something on the client is broken or cannot talk properly or at least with the port that the server provided. There is other IP traffic (to different hosts) that shows up in the sniffer capture, w/o any resets being sent. THe only resets I can find in the brief capture are the ones for this connect request sequence to the oracle server. The working client does not send any tcp resets.