Re: new install of 9i on windows 2003

From: Parthik Patel <priyesh_at_mercurie.co.uk>
Date: 10 Apr 2004 09:10:36 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<q3Jdc.31053$Sh4.15477_at_edtnps84>...
> Daniel Morgan wrote:
> >

> >> Ever tried negotiating with Oracle when you are only interested in that
> >> size
> >> of license? Been there, done that ...
> >>
> >> The field rep shrugs and says "It's (and you're) too small - talk to
> >> telesales". Oracle Direct shrugs and says "It's too small - buy it from
> >> the web". And this from people I used to go drinking with!
> >
> > Is that Oracle Canada?
> >

> I'm not sure there is a real 'Oracle Canada' anymore, at least west or
> Ontario. But yes, I refer to the Canadian Oracle reps.

These days it is best to seek out a local Oracle Partner. Try searching for "oracle partner canada" on google.

Company I work for is an an Oracle partner but based in the UK. We can sell to US/Canada and offer good deals but with currency differences, you are better off dealing with someone local.

Regards
Priyesh Patel

www.mercurie.co.uk Received on Sat Apr 10 2004 - 11:10:36 CDT