Re: Backup trends (2): HOT or COLD

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2004 22:21:26 -0700

JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote in message news:<slrnc7dq9a.3b4.jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>...

<<<<< snipped>>>>>>>

> One of my objections to RMAN is that it doesn't seem to support a
> simple & easy way to clone all of the database files in a manner similar to a
> shell script backup. The fact that RMAN essentially forces you to use a

connect catalog
connect target
connect auxiliary
run {
  allocate channel .....
  duplicate target database nofilenamecheck; }

Database is cloned. Easy peasy nice and easy scripted! BTW, to do this, on the auxiliary, you need to use db_filename_convert and log_filename_convert.

Pete's