How did you size you LOG_BUFFER ??

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2004 04:57:15 -0700

Hi,
Do you guys have some kind of rule to set this parameter ? In the 8i Designing & Tuning for Perf. book, ch. 20 they give a method to set this value up, with:
>SELECT a.VALUE / DECODE(b.VALUE, 0, 1, b.VALUE)
>FROM V$SYSSTAT a, V$SYSSTAT b
>WHERE a.NAME = 'redo size' AND b.NAME = 'user commits';

to get the avg # of redo records/commit which they recommend to multiply by the avg # of commits/second. I did this but it obviously led me to nonsensical figures (we already have log_buffer=163840 but this advice would've made us set it to about a value of 5000 !).

Can anybody please give me some nice hint(s) ?

Thanks.
Spendius Received on Fri Apr 09 2004 - 06:57:15 CDT