Re: distributed transactions with more than one application

From: Richard Maher <maher_rj_at_hotspamnotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 05:54:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

What platform(s) are you using? I believe the Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) is what you may be looking for. The beauty of TIP's "Two-Pipe" strategy means the Transaction Manager communication Pipe and associated software and network comms are completely seperate and independent of the application middleware. (And unlike most XA monitor implementations, you don' need tuxedo/Encina/ProductX *everywhere*)

The problem is there are not too many TIP implementations out there. (But that's changeing!)

Regards Richard.