Re: Metalink Problems

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 22:27:25 -0700

DJ wrote:

>>If it helps at all ... I have spoken with the Director of Oracle
>>MetaLink and he has assured me that members of his team are now
>>monitoring what we post here about his team's work.
>>
>>So if you have complaints ... and I suspect we all do ... fire away
>>here at c.d.o.server. What you write ... to the best of my knowledge
>>... will be read.
>>
>>--
>>Daniel Morgan
>>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
>>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)
>>

> OK :-)
>
> The worst thing is that is is low - logging onto the main page takes ages
> (and no its nt my internet connection)
>
> TAR Creation has too many screens - Should be a simple one page screen with
> title and problem description. Some of the questyions are blatantly not
> relevant for my problem
>
> Put back the quick search bar at the top - it was useful.
>
> I dont know want to incluse VMS docs in my search - the search engine needs
> to be improved to be far more accurate and provide more relevant info
>
> No specific examples here but too many docs contradict each other. Need to
> enforce quality and consistency
>
> On searches where it returns forum threads which are private - whats the
> point in that - I can't view them so I dont want to know they are there
>
> When I want to download the 9.2.0.4 patchset, on mouseover it brings up a
> list of OS's but some of them go off the screen at the top
>
> I wont comment on the quality of support as there is / was a good thread on
> the ORACLE-L list about that

Good list, especially the part about too many screens ... what's the point? ... and reminds me of one of my biggest complaints and which I forgot to mention earlier.

90+% of all persons going to metalink are doing so for one reason and one reason only ... the RDBMS. Why is it so DA..ED hard to find that product. It should be at the top of the list ... or there should be one link for RDBMS TARs and another for everything else.

--
Daniel Morgan