Re: Dude, where's my tar? Was: Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches) - Follow up

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2004 16:49:08 -0700

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0404070911.4b46b7ee_at_posting.google.com>...

> It gets better. Somehow in my tar the Product changed from 9iAS
> installation issues to Oracle Collaboration Suite, prompting some odd
> questions from the analyst who picked it up. Entering (but not
> submitting) a dummy tar, I don't even _see_ OCS in the drop downs. I
> guess I could have been way off from the initial selection, and
> somehow not noticed, but it's kinda scary regardless - it was asking
> Portal related questions anyways, so maybe I just don't understand
> that OCS has replaced iAS? :-)

When this happened to me again, I asked the analyst about it. Turns out there is someone who manually changes the product in order to direct the tar to the "correct" group.

I suspected it, but didn't want to believe it, because to me the implication is that whomever is doing it is more clueless than anything posted about support so far.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4669114/