Re: Dude, where's my tar? Was: Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches) - Follow up

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:11:41 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On 7 Apr 2004 02:35:19 -0700, mccmx_at_hotmail.com (Matt) wrote:
>

>>What do you think about the new 'look and feel' of Metalink now.
>>
>>I used to be able to find info within 2 minutes of looking before the
>>changes were made... Now the Search engine is alot less intuitive and
>>harder to follow. Or is it just me being stuck in my ways....?
>>
>>Matt
>
> This has been dealt with last week. Almost everyone responding,
> including myself, feels that the new interface really sucks, and
> Metalink is rapidly loosing it's value.

It has value - why just last week I used metalink to create a TAR to order my software update.

I did find it interesting that it took nearly 48 hours to respond to that TAR. Now there's a job that could have been totally automated.

Support $ at work? Hmmmmmmmm!

/Hans Received on Wed Apr 07 2004 - 18:11:41 CDT