Re: UNISYS is offering free Oracle 10g reference poster

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 10:12:29 -0700

mikerault_at_earthlink.net (Mike Ault) wrote in message news:<37fab3ab.0404070359.1ab867b9_at_posting.google.com>...

Well, is hard to critise something that was given for free, but anyway few points:

  1. Who came with that stupid name? Why it is the "Senior Oracle DBA Reference"? Juniors are prohibited to use this? You must have 5+ DBA experience to get this? Is it too complex to be understandable by non-senior DBAs?
  2. As I remember there are much more data dictionary views than 62 included on the poster. It is nice to know that Burleson Consulting is existing, but there could be at least five more views displayed instead of this. There is still space available near a border for Mr. Burleson.
  3. It is definitely a matter of taste, but used background image is too "noisy" for me. I would prefer something more decent, this background is getting too much attention compared to the views, those should be central on the poster like this.
  4. No grouping by category?

It was a nice try and thank for it. However, I still prefer the poster from Computer Associates (the only product from them with high value/performance ratio). :-)

--
Dusan Bolek