Generic Connectivity

From: Oliver Stratmann <yxcsstratmoqwert_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:03:13 +0200

Hello All,

I have got a problem with setting up a generic connectivity to a DB2-database from an Oracle 9i database. It all worked out fine in our test-environment. We copied with the given modifications these config files to the real environment.
All the config-entries seem to be correct. We checked them now several times.

The problem is, after setting up the database link TESTDBLINK. The following SELECT

select * from db2tab_at_testdblink

causes the folowing error-mssages in ORACLE:

FEHLER in Zeile 1:

ORA-28546: Verbindungs-Initialisierung nicht erfolgreich, wahrscheinlich

Net8-Admin-Fehler

ORA-02068: aufgrund eines schwerwiegenden Fehlers von TESTDBLINK

ORA-03113: Unerwartetes ¨{bertragungsende in Kommunikation

TRANSLATION: ORA-28546 connection initialization failed, probable Net8 admin error ORA-02068 following severe error from TESTDBLINK

ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel

If anyone has any hints about this I would appreciate her/his answer.

Thanks in advance!

Bye!

Oli Received on Wed Apr 07 2004 - 12:03:13 CDT