Re: UNISYS is offering free Oracle 10g reference poster

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 15:42:06 GMT

> Mike, is there anything like this for earlier releases, say for 8.1.5?
> This looks *wonderful*, but I don't have 10g (and have no hope for
> getting anything other than what I have)... Maybe I can use this
> anyway?

There are posters for earlier versions, but they may be hard to come by. I have a poster for V$ views in Oracle 8 by TUSC (http://www.tusc.com) and a poster for Oracle 8 Data Dictionary (DBA_*) views from Diversified Computer Consultants (http://www.divcomp.com). These are clearly older posters. But you can try these vendors to see if they still offer some posters.

You can still use the 10g poster that Mike has told us about, even for your older database versions. Many of the views have been around for those longer versions. The 10g poster will contain all of those old views in addition to the new views for 10g. And, it will contain columns new to 10g that were added to the old views as well. So some of the information will be 10g-specific while other information can go back a version or more.

HTH,
Brain

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com