Re: coming from sql server to oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:02:20 -0700

> I am knowledgable of SQL Server fairly well but now am moving to oracle.
> Microsoft has a good article at
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/sql/2000/all/reskit/en-us/part2/c0761.mspx
> for people migrating from Oracle to SQL server. It kind of says "here is
> this, you know it as X, for us it's called Y".
>
> I would like to find a document like this for people moving from SS to
> oracle. Yes, I know about tahiti and the oracle documentation site and if
> you were going to suggest that, thank you very much I appreciate it. I'm
> just looking for something as specific as I mentioned.
>
> Thanks!

There is no such document. There is a book titled "Expert one-on-one Oracle" and its author is Tom Kyte.

Translations are not enough to get over the hurdle. You must understand, at your core, that the underlying concepts and architectures are completely different. The differences have little to do with syntax.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu