Dude, where's my tar? Was: Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches) - Follow up

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2004 15:58:01 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1080618273.24332_at_yasure>...

> I did as I suggested and phoned Oracle Corp. in Redwood Shores this
> morning. At about 3:15pm I received a phone call from the manager
> that was responsible for the metalink changes as well as a follow-up
> email to my UW account so I could get back to him directly in the
> future.

Good job!

> I can fault the work that was done ... but not the responsiveness and
> integrity of the manager. I would encourage others to do as I have done.
> If enough people make their views known ... I have reason to believe
> that this manager is definitely one that will take into account our
> feelings and impressions and act on them. I was genuinely impressed and
> that is not a feeling I usually get in these situations.

So I'm entering a TAR, naturally it has to do with 9iASR2 patches, so it takes forever to enter it. While I'm carefully crafting all the ins and outs, I'm running RDA, since it says right there at the beginning it is necessary, and I know the droid that picks this up will "need" it. I've done this before, but can't remember the exact way they want to zip the files, so I click on RDA. Get an SSO screen, put in username and password - hmmm, is that metalink or OTN password?  Try metalink password, no good, try OTN password, get some blow-off Document not found. (WWC-46000) message. Hit back button, wind up at initial metalink screen - where's my tar?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.athena.net/news_events/story20030123.html