Oracle Problem on AIX

From: DBA <marcelmix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2004 13:35:12 -0700

Last weekend I faced the problem of paging space filing up, wich caused the oracle database to be inaccessible, not only the database wasn't running my telnet service was down too. After rebooting the server everything went back to normal.
I have about 10 instances running and those are most of all development instances so there is not much havy load goign on. The server has 8Gigs of Phisical RAM and 4Gigs of Swap space. I've been monitoring the server using VMSTS since but I don't see any major activity going on. Paging-In is at zero and the CPU is at 98% Unused on average.
So what could cause the server to start paging and halt all the services? And how to prevent it from happenig again?

Thank You Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 15:35:12 CDT