Re: Information on Reorganizing Large Tables on 8i and 9i

From: SAP BASIS Consultant <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2004 10:12:18 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

The main reason behind the reorganization will be to save disk space (Yes, disk space is cheap..but that is the nature of the request). The data will likely be deleted using SAP archiving techniques.

As a matter of fact, I may be allowed to save disk space even at the expense of performance, to a reasonable extent. (Changing PCTFREE and PCTUSED, etc..).

I am not sure what the maint. windows will be.

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant