Information on Reorganizing Large Tables on 8i and 9i

From: SAP BASIS Consultant <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2004 11:52:33 -0700

Hello,

Thanks to all those who took the time to answer my previous question regarding the rebuilding of online indexes.

I have reorganized small and medium sized tables (Say, up to 500MS or so) in Oracle 7.x, 8.0.x, and 8.i.

Now, it looks like I will be doing so with larger tables (Say, 1GB to 10GB+) on AIX. The tables will likely be composed mainly (Or all) of VARCHAR fields; Few, if any, will have LOBs.

(Yes, I understand that my artibrary concept of small, medium-sized,  and large tables my be differ from other peoples'....)

I tried to find some documentation, both online and in a bookstore, regarding issues associated with reorganizing large tables (How to improve performance, prevent potential problems, etc..), but I did not find much.

Does anybody recommend any Website, article, or book dealing with these issues?

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant Received on Mon Apr 05 2004 - 13:52:33 CDT