Re: ASP and oo4o

From: JonnyCab® <shutout39_at_localnetnospam.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:15:33 -0400

> 1. Upgrade the database. 8.1.5 is very old go at least to 8.1.7.4

I can't. The software and database are run by another vendor, and that's it.

> 2. Download the Oracle client and install it on the web server.

This is where I have a problem.

First, Oracle is vague on exactly which file to download.

Second, why do I need to have so much (235MB or more) installed to just use oo4o drivers?

> 3. The oo4o is included in the Oracle client and there are directories
with
> (would you believe) examples for VB, Excel, MS V C++, and ASP (maybe
others,
> but those at least)
> 4. There is also documentation in the form of 2 MS help files in the
> install. (full programmers install)
> 5. On Metalink there is also documentation and examples of this.
> Jim

Finally, how do I connect to the other server? Received on Mon Apr 05 2004 - 10:15:33 CDT