Re: 9.2.0.5 is available for win32 (now AIX)

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 5 Apr 2004 04:54:54 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1081006651.655924_at_yasure>...
> The only other substantive thing I can say is that one of my
> consulting clients (AIX 5L) reported a corrupt tools tablespace
> within a day or two of applying it: But that could just be
> coincidence.

That's a quite interesting information. Our DBA tried to install 9.2.0.5 on AIX5L (64bit) and was not successful at all. Installation of software went OK, but the database was unable to start giving ORA-0600 after issuing a startup migrate statement. The same behaviour showed even if we created a new database using 9.2.0.5 software. We filled an iTAR, but Oracle guy assigned to it is not very responsive.

> I'd suggest watching metalink for awhile and not applying it
> unless it specifically fixes a known problem.

Well, because of really huge list of bugfixes in this patchset, I think that almost anyone can find "his" bug inside. I found two from my bug list (MERGE vs. standby and TEMP tables vs. redologs). And the situation is even worse, because we're using DataGuard + RAC and there is at least ten or more critical bugs (hangs, corruptions, even a potential data loss) targeted in this patchset. So for us is hard to stay out and watch what will happen with this patchset.

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.