Re: My oracle server is stuck in Started (NO MOUNT) mode!!

From: AnaCDent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 13:34:10 -0700

Don Vaillancourt wrote:
> My oracle server for some reason is stuck in Started (No Mount) mode.
>

> When I try to mount it I get the following error:
>

> ORA-00204: error in reading (block 3, # blocks 1) of controlfile
> ORA-00202: controlfile: 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PRISM\CONTROL01.CTL'
> ORA-27091: skgfqio: unable to queue I/O
> ORA-27070: skgfdisp: async read/write failed
> OSD-04006: ReadFile() failure, unable to read from file
> O/S-Error: (OS 23) Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Take a cold backup of your system before doing anything else. You should have more than 1 control file. What are the complete pathnames for all the control files? It appears that you have a disk problem. Can you verify at the OS level if all is OK with this disk? Rename the suspect file out of the way.
COPY one of the other control files to be named the same as the one being reported with the problem. Then try to startup the DB again.
What happens? Received on Sun Apr 04 2004 - 15:34:10 CDT