My oracle server is stuck in Started (NO MOUNT) mode!!

From: Don Vaillancourt <donv_at_webimpact.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:19:27 GMT

My oracle server for some reason is stuck in Started (No Mount) mode.

When I try to mount it I get the following error:

ORA-00204: error in reading (block 3, # blocks 1) of controlfile
ORA-00202: controlfile: 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PRISM\CONTROL01.CTL'
ORA-27091: skgfqio: unable to queue I/O
ORA-27070: skgfdisp: async read/write failed
OSD-04006: ReadFile() failure, unable to read from file
O/S-Error: (OS 23) Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

No backup of this database had been made, yet. Is there a way to recover the database. I have very limited knowledge of Oracle (well versed in MSSQL).

I have done a scanddisk of the harddrive and the file is corrupted at the filesystem level. Is there a way to regenerate those control files?

We're running Oracle 9i on Windows Server 2000.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Received on Sun Apr 04 2004 - 15:19:27 CDT