Re: can't find oracle 9.0.2

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:21:37 +1000

"Generale Cluster" <alexunsampdoriano_at_unsampdorianosoftmasters.net> wrote in message news:c4on44$e0m$1_at_newsreader.mailgate.org...
> Hello,
> I'm looking for version 9.0.2 as suggested on oracle magazine for
preparing
> for the practicum certification, but I can only find version 9.0.1 or
> 9.2.xxx for Linux.
> Does anyone know the correct link to download?
> Thank you
> Alex

Ah, the dangers of believing everything you read!

Without knowing the precise context, it is difficult to be certain. But Oracle changed their version numbering practices between 9i Release 1 (9.0.1) and 9i Release 2 (9.2). They dropped the middle digit, in other words (or, more precisely, they re-arranged the digits and made them mean different things).

So is your magazine article suggesting you obtain Release 2 of 9i? Because if so, 9.2.0.1 is the correct version (and if you've got any sense, you'll patch that immediately to 9.2.0.4). And it sounds as if you already know where to obtain that version (technet.oracle.com if not).

As far as I can remember, there is no such thing as 9.0.2, because 9.0.1 (Release 1) has merely gone through different patch releases (eg, 9.0.1.2, 9.0.1.3 and so on).

Regards
HJR

Dizwell Informatics: http://www.dizwell.com
  -A mine of useful Oracle information-