OUI problem

From: rufus <me_at_hoome.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:17:54 +1000

Hi ,
 i am having a problem with the oracle universal installer, i am upgrading Oracle from verson 8.. to version 9.2 , i have successfully upgrade my DEV system , now i am trying to upgrade my TST system , the upgrade work fine using OUI , now i am trying to apply the first patch , again using OUI , first step it asked me to do when i run OUI is to upgrade to 2.2.0.18 , it runs , but it does not do anything , when i look at the OUI version it says 2.2.0.18 , but when i try to run step 2 , the applying o the path, it says , you have to have OUI 2.2.0.18 ( catch-22 ) . everything was fine when i upgraded DEV , which sits on the same Box ( IBM AIX) .

the first install must have set a parameter somewhere and now OUI is confused or is it me .

Any ideas anybody

Thanks

Rufus Received on Sat Apr 03 2004 - 19:17:54 CST