Re: 9.2.0.5 is available for win32

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 07:37:49 -0800

koert54 wrote:

> Could you give us some negative feedback here ...
> Might be interesting for those who are upgrading ...
>
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>Paul Drake wrote:

I will give it to you as specifically as I can ... my chief technical contact at Oracle ... sorry can't name names ... when asked about installing the 9.2.0.5 patch said in two words, and I quote: "Don't ... Wait". That is all I know. In the next breath he said the 9.2.0.4 CD set just released is fine.

So maybe the problem is with a particular O/S ... the conversation was with respect to RedHat EL AS 3.0 and 3.1 and maybe all. But it definitely was not RAC related but more general in scope.

I'm certainly not advising anyone to not do it but by all means do it with caution.

The only other substantive thing I can say is that one of my consulting clients (AIX 5L) reported a corrupt tools tablespace within a day or two of applying it: But that could just be coincidence.

I'd suggest watching metalink for awhile and not applying it unless it specifically fixes a known problem.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)